Similar to anything that you can find on the market watches also had a historical significance. Since the Middle Ages, people wore watches and used it as the way to keep the time.
Of course, the technology changed as centuries went by, and today, we have smart watches, that allows us to enjoy the wireless connection all the time. We recommend you to check out Certified Watch Store so that you can purchase the high-quality watch for an affordable price tag.
It is challenging to find the perfect watch for your needs, especially if it’s your first time to wear it. Therefore, it is essential to understand factors before you make up your mind:
You have probably heard about watch movements because it is the most crucial factor that you should consider. We’re not talking here about aesthetical perspective or face of the watch, but the inner mechanism that produces the wanted effect.
Therefore, watch movement essential, and it will make a difference in how it keeps time and how long it will work. It is a heart of the watch. There are three types of watch movements: automatic, mechanical and quartz. We will explain you differences in further text:
- Mechanical Watches
A mechanical watch contains a mainspring inside, which is a coiled wire of metal that watchmakers have to wound by hand. When mainspring wounds, it will slowly unwind which will cause the second hand to move in a sweeping motion around its face. You have to know that mainsprings are approximately between 9 and 13 inches long.
The longer mainspring, the more power it will reserve, and you will need longer to go between windings. However, all mechanical watches don’t have the same movements. The perspective is attention to details, which is why mechanical watches are luxury nowadays.
Everything depends on watchmaker and the style, which means that each watch is different than other. Mechanical watches are the most popular among wealthy people because they are expensive and unique. It requires extensive knowledge to make it as well as complex engineering and work.
Owning a mechanical watch is not about telling time, it is the way of presenting your status and appreciation for refinement, history, and craftsmanship.
Advantages Of Mechanical Watches
- You don’t have to use batteries – Mechanical watches feature hand-wound mainspring, so you don’t have to replace a battery each time it stops. As soon as it stops working, you have to wind it up, and it will work the same way as before.
- Smooth movement – Some people enjoy the traditional sound that mechanical watches make. Remember that old school sound which is more aesthetically pleasing than quartz watches. If you experience sound apart from its beauty, we recommend you to choose a mechanical watch for your needs.
- Mechanical watches have character – You probably know that each mechanical watch is different and that making one requires an engineering and work which is breathtaking. You have to check insides, and you will see tiny springs and gears working correctly and providing you an exact time. Of course, we don’t recommend you to break it up to see what’s going on inside but have in mind that watchmaker had to spend hours and hours working on a mechanism which is almost invisible to human eye.
- Tactile – Some people enjoy mechanical watches because you have to hand wind it to make it work. There is something about it that will keep you involved, which is not the case when you use quartz or automatic mechanisms. Finally, you will be able to enjoy all the way.
Mechanical watches have a long history, to learn more about them click here.
- Automatic Watches
Automatic watches work similarly as mechanical because they use mainspring as well as gears to move. However, they don’t require manual winding. Instead, your movements will wind up the mainspring while you’re wearing it. That is why they call it an automatic movement because it will self-wind with ease.
You’re probably thinking: how does that happen? These watches feature small weight inside of them called “rotor” that will move simultaneously as your wrist. You will find it next to mainspring, and it will wind it in the right direction as you walk. They also have slipping clutch device so that you can prevent overwinding.
Advantages Of Automatic Watches
- You don’t need batteries to make it work
- You don’t have to wind it by hand – This is an important consideration especially if you feel bothered by hand wind a mechanical watch. You will still get the same sophistication similar as a mechanical alternative, but with an automatic winding which is a significant advantage.
- Smooth movement – Similar to mechanic watches, automatic ones have smooth movements which are way more appealing than quartz.
- It contains character too – Automatic watches require the same amount of craftsmanship and engineering similar to mechanic ones.
Click here to learn more on automatic watches.
- Quartz Watches
You can find this particular type of watches almost anywhere around you. If you wear a watch on your hand while reading this, you probably have quartz watch. The main reason for their popularity is because they are affordable and accurate.
However, instead of using mainspring, it uses electricity through a small battery. This particular battery will send a signal to a quartz crystal, that will cause it to vibrate. The vibrations will make up a circuit which will later convert into a pulse which will move the second hand of the watch.
It uses electric pulses, which is why you will hear the familiar ticking sound. However, the sound is not as smooth as automatic or mechanical watches.
Quartz relies on electricity, which is why it uses fewer parts than mechanical ones, and they are entirely accurate and can withstand damage when compared with automatic or mechanical ones.
That is the main reason why most field and sports watches use this particular movement. At the same time, they are the most affordable solution when it comes to watches, and you will be able to find it for five dollars and more.
Advantages Of Quartz Watches
- Accurate Time – It is one of the most accurate solutions on the market, and you’ll never lose a single second.
- Less Maintenance – You will have to change a battery on an annual basis, but apart from that you can rest assured and keep it on the wrist without maintenance.
- Durable – Due to less moving parts, it can withstand damage which is why most athletes and sportsmen use it.
Visit this website: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quartz_clock and you will find more on quartz watches.